Hi there. Brute was my very first FAB deck, so let me introduce my self as a Brute expert 🙂 Thus the game and set keep developing, I cannot keep track of all card, but here is my humble opinion and suggestions of the best cards for a Brute deck.
I will recommend cards for both Blitz and Classic.
For Blitz goes:
- 40 card deck (no more, no less)
- 11 inventory slots (weapons and equipment)
- 1 young hero card
- 2 copies of each unique card allowed
For Classic goes:
- Hero card + 80-card maximum deck (includes weapons, equipment, and cards in deck)
- Up to 3 copies of each unique card allowed.
- Adult hero cards are legal
Rhinar Specialization (You may only have Alpha Rampage in your deck if your hero is Rhinar.)
As an additional cost to play Alpha Rampage, discard a random card. YES – you must have a card to discard – this is an additional cost, not optional cost.
Intimidate (Whenever Intimidate occurs, a random card from the defender’s hand is banished face down until the end of the turn. This can happen multiple times in a turn, and serves to limit what cards the defender can use to defend with.)
- The player who owns the banished card may look at it. The card banished from intimidate is returned to hand at the beginning of the end phase. This is before players draw up to hand size. You may target yourself with this ability. However you will receive the card back into your hand before drawing up to your hand size. You may target a hero with no cards in hand. If there are other banished cards that aren’t from intimidate, it is encouraged to keep intimidated cards seperate from these cards.
- You may only play Alpha Rampage in your deck if your hero is Rhinar, Reckless Rampage or Rhinar (young hero). You must have at least one other card in your hand to pay for the additional cost at the time you play Alpha Rampage. The player who owns the banished face down card is allowed to look at it. The card banished from intimidate is returned to hand at the beginning of the end phase. This is before players draw up to hand size.
With 9 attack and still 3 in defence, this card is insane. The cost of 3 ressources are high though. The card is only printet i red (jan. 2021) – which mean i can only pitch for one. So this card is not being very versatile – but its more like a card you build around to support.
Weapons for Brute
There will come more weapons along the way, but at Jan. 2021 we 1 generic weapon and two that are Brute-class specific.
You can either choose the 2-handed club or the two 1-handed Claws. Both of them have synergies with Attack6+ cards. The claws seems like the best choice, because they have possibility for Go again, and you have two of then of you of them i destroyed. Only downside for the claws is the atack of 3 instead of the 4 from the Club. All 4 Heroes in the Brute Class have synergy with 6+ attack level.
Equipment for Brute
As you see, there are 3 equipments (Gamlers’s Gloves, Scabskin Leathers, Barkbone Strapping) that have a Dice-roll i common. They seem to fit to Kayo, that have a build in dice ability.
You might need to consider some the many Generic equipment, to make a full equipment. Here consider Arcane Barrier abilities, so your meta down get fucked when playing again arcane damage focused decks.
Brute Action Attack cards
Except for the many common card, there are two Attack reactions that have synergy with 6+ attack levels cards. Normally the Action attack card will fill your deck for more that 60% of the cards, but for Brute it’s higher – he is not so clever – but insanely strong.
The commons and rares are:
The Majestics are:
There is also some other cards like Bone Head Barrier, that support the Dice-concept and Reckless Swing, that supports the 6 or more attack concept.
So you have to choose which play style you want to play with.
Here are some other inspiration cards for the 6 or more concept among the Action cards:
Here are some other inspiration cards for the dice concept among the Action cards;